GRSM Virtual Clinic Information
COVID-19 is placing stress on Canada’s public health system. Our clinic is starting to offer virtual care to make sure that we can continue to care for our patients safely and effectively. This means that we will be using video and audio technologies for some patient visits rather than asking all patients to come into our office. Some of these technologies are provided by the Province. Others have been provided by vendors like Google, Apple, Embodia and Physitrack to help make discussions with your care provider as easy as possible during these difficult times. Some health concerns can be addressed with virtual care alone, but in some cases your doctor or physiotherapist may ask you to visit a hospital or other health care facility if necessary, for a physical examination.
We do our best to make sure that any information you give to us during virtual care visits is private and secure, but no video or audio tools are ever completely secure. There is an increased security risk that your health information may be intercepted or disclosed to third parties when using video or audio communications tools. To help us keep your information safe and secure, you can:
- Understand that this method of communication is not secure in the same way as a private appointment in an exam room or clinic
- Use a private computer/device (i.e., not an employer’s or third party’s computer/device) and a secure internet connection. For example, using a personal computer or tablet is more secure than at a library, and your access to the Internet on your home network will generally be more secure than an open guest Wi-Fi connection.
You should also understand that virtual care is not a substitute for in-person communication or clinical examinations, where appropriate, or for attending the Emergency Department when needed (including for any urgent care that may be required).
If you are concerned about using video or audio tools for virtual care, you can ask our office to arrange for you to visit a different healthcare provider or other health care center where you can be seen in person. However, please note that visiting a health care provider in person comes with a higher risk of coming into contact with COVID-19 and the possibility of spreading the virus.
By agreeing to an assessment and/or treatment using virtual communication, you understand that there are risks involved as a result of misunderstandings due to lack of visual cues and that there is a potential for connection failure. Please discuss alternate forms of communication with your health care provider in the event that your communication is disrupted.
By providing your information, you agree to let us collect, use, or disclose your personal health information through video or audio communications (while following applicable privacy laws) in order to provide you with care. In particular, the following means of electronic communication may be used (identify all that apply): videoconferencing (including Skype, Facetime, Zoom, Embodia, Physitrack etc.).
What to expect with virtual physiotherapy/ tele-rehabilitation delivered via video call:
Assessment from Highly Qualified Registered Physiotherapists
- Our physiotherapists are Licensed to Practice through the College of Physiotherapists of Ontario
- All of our therapists have completed extensive post-graduate education programs to increase their knowledge of orthopaedic injuries, with many different specializations outlined in the individual practitioner’s biography
Thorough subjective assessments and treatments from the comfort of your home!
- Research shows that advanced clinicians spend more time on the subjective (speaking) part of the assessment than the objective (movement analysis) part of the assessment, which speaks to the value of the depth and information we can gain from thoroughly listening to our clients
Movement-based assessment and correction
- Our goal is to facilitate your independence by empowering you with the knowledge and healthy movement patterns to take control of your body. Our physiotherapists are expertly trained in visual assessment of movement deficiencies and have unique strategies for adapting our objective assessments to the tele-rehab platform
Exercise-based therapy and program design
- Part of your session may include exercise-based analysis and recommendations. Allow your physiotherapist to analyse your exercise performance using the home equipment that you use every day! Sessions may include comprehensive exercise program design to best suit your schedule, environment, and individual needs
Comprehensive post-call follow-up
- Follow-up via email and the Embodia App will provide you with your comprehensive exercise plan as well as an assessment summary of any pertinent injury management strategies that your physiotherapist has discussed with you.
Looking for a virtual sports medicine therapy?
Request An Appointment
Physicians at GRSM specialize in sports medicine and are certified with the Canadian Academy of Sport Medicine (CASM) . Our physicians provide expert medical care for both high performance athletes, recreational athletes and active individuals.
Active Release Therapy is a patented, state-of-the-art massage technique. The technique is soft tissue system/movement-based and treats problems with muscles, tendons, ligaments, fascia and nerves.
Most foot problems are avoidable with proper preventative foot care and maintenance. Our goal at Feet on the Go is to provide the highest quality nursing foot care as a first line of defense against those foot issues that can detrimentally affect overall health and quality of life.