Sport Concussions Program
Grand River Sports Medicine Centre (GRSM) is committed to providing an efficient and comprehensive assessment and treatment of sport concussions in the high standard of care that GRSM is renowned for.
Features of the GRSM Sport Concussion Program include:
- Individualized to the athlete, with the goal of returning to sport as safely and quickly as possible.
- By health care professionals with focused interest, training and experiencein concussion management:
- Sports Medicine Physicians
- Athletic Therapist
- Sports Chiropractor
- With concussion-specific tools(baseline and post-injury testing):
- Medical concussion assessment by physician
- SCAT-3 symptoms assessment
- BESS balance/proprioceptive assessment
- ImPACT computerized neurocognitive testing
- With concussion-specific treatment and preventionstrategies:
- Concussion education for athletes and parents
- Therapy to treat neck and musculoskeletal pain related to concussions
- Sub-system threshold cardiovascular training
- Neck, postural and core strengthening
- Balance, vestibular, and vision retraining
- Return-to-play programming and exercise progression
- Sport-specific concussion awareness and prevention
- Equipment review
**Please note that all concussion patients require referral from a physician to see the sports medicine physician as part of this program
Looking for Sports medicine services that work?
Request An Appointment
Physicians at GRSM specialize in sports medicine and are certified with the Canadian Academy of Sport Medicine (CASM) . Our physicians provide expert medical care for both high performance athletes, recreational athletes and active individuals.
Active Release Therapy is a patented, state-of-the-art massage technique. The technique is soft tissue system/movement-based and treats problems with muscles, tendons, ligaments, fascia and nerves.
Most foot problems are avoidable with proper preventative foot care and maintenance. Our goal at Feet on the Go is to provide the highest quality nursing foot care as a first line of defense against those foot issues that can detrimentally affect overall health and quality of life.