Acute Injuries Rapid Response
Grand River Sports Medicine Centre (GRSM) is committed to providing a Rapid Response in assessing and treating Acute Injuries that have been referred by Physicians.
Features of the GRSM Acute Injuries Rapid Response program include:
- Sports Medicine Physician (OHIP-covered) appointments usually within 24-48 hours (Mon. – Fri., subject to patient availability)
- Physiotherapy, Chiropractic and Bracing (non-OHIP) appointments also usually within 24-48 hours (Mon. – Fri., subject to patient availability)
- As per our reputation, we continue to focus on Sports and Exercise injuries and the Highest Quality of Care
- Focused treatment geared towards rapid and safe return to full daily, work and sports abilities
- Proactive individualized plans for prevention of future injuries
**Please note that a referral from a medical doctor is required for participation in this program
Our physicians specialize in sports medicine and are certified with the Canadian Academy of Sport & Exercise Medicine (CASEM). They provide expert medical care for high performance athletes, recreational athletes and active individuals.
Our physiotherapists focus on sport- and activity-specific rehabilitation. Our goal is to return you to your activity as soon and as safely as possible.
Our chiropractors utilize functional assessments to diagnose and determine the appropriate treatment plan and therapeutic methods. These techniques include Active Release Technique (ART), Athletic Movement Assessment (AMA), Diversified chiropractic Manipulation technique.
Our Registered Massage Therapists use preventative and restorative therapies to help you maintain, rehabilitate and improve physical function or relieve your pain.
Our Certified Athletic Therapists use a full range of treatments to rehabilitate, prevent injury and help you return safely to your sports and other activities.
Our pedorthists are trained in assessing, casting, design and fitting of foot appliances (orthotics) and in fitting of footwear to reduce painful and debilitating conditions of the lower limbs and feet.
Our bracing professionals help fit you with a stocked or custom brace so that you may be able to return to sports or recreational activities sooner and safer.
DIETITIAN & NUTRITION
Our Dietitian and Sports Nutritionist helps to promote good nutrition habits that can help you maintain your energy levels, weight and muscle mass and can lower your risk of certain diseases.